Trend: the changing nature of work
Title: I quit my job.
Comment: a great post on remembering what matters
Link: http://codeisking.posterous.com/i-quit-my-job
I QUIT MY JOB.
Do you know, how it feels, if you do something, day in day out, you don't like?
Some of us know about this. Others don't. A job that you don't really like, can destroy your whole personality. I stopped going out, i stopped meeting with friends, i even stopped to spend time with my girlfriend. Everything feels like a huge thing to do and i was to tired to do. My mind was so fucked up, that it ruins the most i really liked.
I've worked as a programmer for a couple of years for a company i don't like. I don't like their CEO and there company philosophy, if there ever was any. As a programmer you really like to learn new stuff, you like to create things and play with new techniques. In my old job, there was no opportunity for anything like that.
Why don't you quit earlier you ask? Well, good question. If you do stupid shit, every day, you think about yourself that you're really stupid, like your job. You think your skill and knowledge isn't good enough for other companys. That was really a big problem for me.
But everything like that, is history by now. Yesterday i quit my job and signed my contract for a new company.
The message i want to tell you with this post is: Don't ever ruin your live, just because you think you can't make it. Believe in yourself. Do what you love!