Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trend: Changing nature of work
Comment: I remember “co-ops” being a big deal in university. At the time a number of us pooh-poohed it as too hands on. My BA preparing me for an early career waiting tables. :)
Title: German apprenticeships: A model for Europe?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16159943

Trend: social
Comment: a single unified api for all social websites? Thats crazy talk.
Title: One API for the Web, Oh the Possibilities
http://blog.programmableweb.com/2011/12/14/one-api-for-the-web-oh-the-possibilities/

Trend: the changing nature of work
Comment: good ideas hold up.
Title: Work Smart: Strive For Creative Meritocracy
http://www.fastcompany.com/1799666/work-smart-strive-for-creative-meritocracy


Trend: mobile
Comment: I learned 2 new words.. mobile-pickpocketing and malvertising.
Title: 6 Mobile Malware Trends For 2012
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/6_mobile_malware_predictions_for_2012.php


Trend: innovation
Title: Are You Ready for the 21st Century ? on Vimeo
Comment: ok, so technically not innovation, I struggled how to categorize this one. Its very good, and talks about our time in light of a larger timeline, and attempts to predict the future, which is really what I try to do daily. Regardless, watch it. There is some lovely stuff on the future.. Based on the past and what we see happening now. Very interesting both the content and the delivery
http://vimeo.com/8622635